Username Password: Remember me

Sports Injuries
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the body and mind forum center

TOPIC: Sports Injuries

باسخ‌به: Sports Injuries 10 years ago #7224

• Jamshid
  • Platinum Boarder
This kind of exercises can be useful with strengthening of quadriceps muscles but maybe not enough all the time or for all injuries ! all depend to nature of injury and its severity ! it is better to see an orthoped or physiothrapist too .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrizia

Re: باسخ‌به: Sports Injuries 10 years ago #7225

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear James of course I agree with you! only a physiothrapist can give the correct answer for the specific problem, but I was thinking about a more common situation in which you are sure the ligaments are ok and not damaged.

I have watched several videos in You Tube of some physiothrapist explaining that sometimes the pain to the knee may come because there is a bad balance between the muscles. A muscle may be weaker than the antagonist muscle and this may cause the pain. In the video I posted, I noticed that all the muscles all around the patella seemed to be activated, so I thought that this can be a good exercize in case we needed to strenghten up the quadriceps, and I tried it and realized that also the ankles works a lot and really easily you can loose balance!

Another video I found interesting is about a massage:

Honestly I found it a bit "hard", I wouldn't grab and shake my patella like that!!
Nonetheless, if we do a gentle friction to the side and on top without pushing down so much,I think this may help the blood circulation, and in general more blood make more warm the part that we are "treating", and this may be good to relax the muscles and feel better (if there is not an inflammation I guess...). I think this can be good if we feel stiff.

I underline that I am not talking about injured ligaments, in this case I think it is impossible even to put the foot on the ground!
If you think the massage and the exercize I found are not good, do you have any other advice?
In any case, I tried a more gentle version of the massage, and the fatigue and soreness sensation went away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mostafa Jalilzadeh, Jamshid

باسخ‌به: Sports Injuries 10 years ago #7248

• Jamshid
  • Platinum Boarder
You are right Patrizia and what she says is true ! please note that she expaline and she exagerate a little to show what she does but as you said friction must be gently and specially limitted to inside and outside of the knee and the mouvement of patela must be limitted to not have the pain
Last Edit: 10 years ago by Jamshid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mostafa Jalilzadeh, Patrizia
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds