You are here You are here: Forum
Guestِ, Welcome
Username Password: Remember me

Question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the body and mind forum center

TOPIC: Question

Unmodified Rato 12 years ago #5

What is an Unmodified Rato and what can you use it for?
Last Edit: 12 years ago by Mostafa Jalilzadeh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohsen Torkaman, Helder Valente, حمید بروجنی

Re: Unmodified Rato 12 years ago #13

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Unmodified Rato is the classic technique.
The front leg is slightly bent, and the back leg is straight. the weight is 70-80% on the front leg and 30-20% on the back leg. The front foot forms an angle of 45 degree, and the back foot point forward. the space between one foot and the other is as 1.5 the width of the shoulder.
Rato is a stable position from which it is possible to star a leg technique (as Keytto for example),a arm techinique (as Mattoi) or to defend (as in Af-Ma).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mostafa Jalilzadeh, Mohsen Torkaman, Assar, پویا اقتداریان

Re: Unmodified Rato 12 years ago #20

Hello my friend,
The first part of your comment is correct. I have a problem with the second part, I don't think an unmodified rato is good to use for keyatto. It is good for yete or osaya keyattos.
When you are on an unmodified rato stand you cannot make your upper body defend like afma or oranto. You can do it for the lower part of your body like weima duma, but it is good for any strike with your hands.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohsen Torkaman, Patrizia, پویا حق شناس

Re: Unmodified Rato 12 years ago #22

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Master, thank you very much for your correction.
My first mistake I think is due to the exercises in class. From Ratto stand and hand in Chinno position I usally study all the front kicks, as Keyatto, Sima-keyatto, Horaima-keyatto and others. I can easily understand that the real usage is totally different. Thinking back, things are logical in the way you are explaining them to me.
For my second mistake,I was thinking about the fifth part of ana-to'a and about the technique to'a. May I ask you if I can properly defend myself from an attack coming from the top with something like a club in Ratto stand?
Thank you very much again for your precious correction, I have a lot of work to do to "clean" all my mistakes from the very beginnig.
All my respect to you. To'a
The following user(s) said Thank You: حمید بروجنی

Re: Unmodified Rato 12 years ago #23

Dear Patrizia,
All I want you to understand that "Unmodified Rato" is good for strike and defend of lower body part not for defend of upper body.

Re: Unmodified Rato 12 years ago #24

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Master, thank you. I will remember it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mostafa Jalilzadeh, Jamshid, حمید بروجنی
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds