Username Password: Remember me

Question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the body and mind forum center

TOPIC: Question

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 4 months ago #6630

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Ostad Jalilzadeh and dear friends, I have a question about the philosophy of the sash in Kung Fu To'a.

First of all let me thank you once more dear Ostad for the lessons about the sash, in which I discovered a whole world! Indeed I never heard before about the meaning related to the colors, the ceremony to take it on and off, everything was completely new to me. Thank you so much! I would say that also the symbols related to it are a great source of reflection.

I have heard many years ago about some others things linked to the color on the front of the sash, and I was asking myself how much of all this was true, if it was really coming from Yaromeh, if those symbols were adopted at the times, and if they are adopted also nowadays.

This is a brief summary of what I knew:

-White: is the color of the beginner. he is pure, he has no knowledge and he takes the first step in the way, ready to absorb the knowledge from his or her Master.

-Green: it is the color of the plant that begins to grow and spread seeds. The Kung Fu To'a Karan after having absorbed the knowledge, he/she is ready to take on the task to spread what has been learned. At the times I knew that all the green sash were obliged to teach, or at least this is how the concept was passed. The reason was that the green sash, being a guide for the people, must know his/her duties and put them into practice.

-Brown: is the color of the wood that burn, and was symbol of the growing of the experience and development both in the physical and spiritual way. The brown sash had to prove his motivation and was concerning about the people's development. The brown sash had to teach also the weapon's skills.

-Black: "the arrival to the understanding of the unknown science" (?). The black sash has understood the secrets of the earth and universe and amaze the world with his wiseness.

-Red: the color of the blood. Men are different in colors of the skin and races, but the color of the blood is the same and blood represent also the energy of the man. This sash is symbol of the power in the way of wiseness.

What I wish to know is if the concepts and symbols are correct and original, and if they are part of the philosophy of the sash.

I also made a little thinking about the colors that I wish to share with you.

We know that the light is made of photons, that after being rejected by a surface "hits" the retinal cells in our eyes and the brain convert the signal in colors.
White is the color of the sum of all the frequencies of the visible spectrum, and colors are the portion of the spectrum that has been rejected by a surface hit by the beam of light. This means that a surface absorbs all the frequencies but not those that we see as result of its reflection.

If the concepts I wrote about the sash really come from Yaromeh, it would make sense to image that probably he may have had in mind the property of light when he thought about the colors.

The white color would be perfect to symbolize the beginner, that still has to absorb all the knowledge (that may be represented as light or "enlightment" ), and black may be symbol of the stage reached by the Kung Fu To'a Ka that has absorbed all the Knowledge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mostafa Jalilzadeh, Assar

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 4 months ago #6631

Dear Patrizia what ever you wrote down here more or less is coming from Yaromeh.

My understanding is:

1- White, Inexperienced
2- Green, Growing
3- Brown, Understanding
4- Black, Experienced
5- Red, New Cycle
Last Edit: 10 years, 4 months ago by Mostafa Jalilzadeh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Assar, Patrizia, frollani

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 4 months ago #6633

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you so much dear Ostad!

TO'A!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mostafa Jalilzadeh, Assar, frollani

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 3 months ago #6741

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Ostad Jalilzadeh, looking at the last lesson of Samsamaeh I realized that I don't have clear two things.

In the Self-defenses axis, both right and left, when the opponent is holding our wrist we get rid by taking the hand back and hitting Waimaduma. What is the direction of waimaduma? my fist must finish at 0 degree or 45?
(picture 46, n. 4)

When the opponent is holding our leg, we get rid hitting Soyatto, but the fingers has to be bended like in konjma mato, or straight like in nokton?
(picture 49, n.2)

Thank you so much in advance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Assar

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 3 months ago #6750

Dear Patrizia,
1- It is not a big deal when you taking the arm out of the opponent holding. It depends on how powerful is the opponent.

2- The technique isn't Soyatto, it is Sohito.
The fingers can not be straight because the important muscle between the thump and index finger wont be flexed.
The fingers don't have to be totally closed either like (Konjma).
As long as the little muscle gets flexed and the other four fingers close together and strong, it would be OK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Assar, Patrizia

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 3 months ago #6752

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you dear Ostad Jalilzadeh!!
About "Sohito", for me the sounds are so alike that I even didn't noticed that is was "Sohito" and not "Soyatto", indeed it was strange!! It is incredible how the brain works, I read it wrong!!! Now with your explanation it make sense, thank you so much!!

TO'A!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mostafa Jalilzadeh, Assar
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds