You are here You are here: Forum
Guestِ, Welcome
Username Password: Remember me

Question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the body and mind forum center

TOPIC: Question

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 9 years, 6 months ago #7714

I agree with you Patrizia, you are right if you keep the hip position on 45 degrees, the turn of the hip is going to divided equaly on both side of the body. This would help you to keep the feet on the right position also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Assar, Patrizia

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 9 years, 5 months ago #7770

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Ostad Jalilzadeh, I have a question about Mao Omma (I hope to have written corretly!)
I remember you said that the person that do "Mao" attack, and "Omma" defend.
My question is not about how it works because you explained it perfectly, and you talked aboout it also in France in the past year. I was thinking about the name..

"Mao / Oma" ( Ma - o // o - Ma)

I know in farsi "Ma" means "We", which is the union of "Me & You", and "O", or "و", that should be read also "va", means "and", correct?

The two terms seems to be mirror of one another.
Because Mao attack and Oma defend, is it possible that the names were chosen to underline what is going on during the fighting?
I see it as if the two hamrahan works together to grow and develop, and they support each other in the development. During the fighting, same as during the implementation of the mumay, the opponent in truth is ourselves, we are fighting with ourselves somehow.
May it be that this way Mao and Oma are the mirror of one another? Is this the meaning of the term?

I hope to have been clear enough, it is a bit hard to explain what I have in mind sometimes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frollani, حامدعدالتي

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 9 years, 5 months ago #7771

Dear Patrizia you are right, In fact Mao and Oma are same. You called it "The Mirror" which is 100% correct.
When we practice the body conditioning or fighting training with our fellow partner, we call them Mao as attacker and Oma as defender.
Don't forget Oma isn't a "HAP" or an enemy.
Mao and Oma are always "Buddy". They just help each other.

Do you know the history of the last fighting?
I mean "The hill to hill fighting" or "The one to 35 fighting" which is the last TEST of Kung Fu To'a before Red Sash.
One of the 35 fighters is going to block the person's way is called "Oma".
Indeed Oma is going to help him, but he doesn't know him. All he knows about him is his name (OMA).
Last Edit: 9 years, 5 months ago by Mostafa Jalilzadeh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrizia, frollani, حامدعدالتي

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 9 years, 5 months ago #7772

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Ostad Jalilzadeh thank you so much!
I remember that Master Assar once wrote about the "wall fighting" or something like that, and he meant that one person was taking the role of the "wall" that the person fighting had to pass through to attack a third person, and this kind of fighting or training should be the preparation to the last fight, correct? did I got it?

It is interesting! you said that "Oma is going to help him, but he doesn't know him". If he blocks his way... why is he going to help him? maybe because this way he is helping him in his development?
If Oma block his way, Mao has to find other way to reach his target, and this way he learn something new and grow and develop? Is it maybe this the sense?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mostafa Jalilzadeh, Assar, حامدعدالتي

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 9 years, 5 months ago #7803

You are right Patrizia,
Mao is going to fight with 35 fighters like himself or higher degree. The challenge is to resist to his believe and use the experience and knowledge that he has got from the lessons during his training.
The test is to move from point A to point B, he must get his way through 35 fighters who one of them is a friend, (Oma) but he doesn't know him. He has to use his own intelligence to find him and use his help. But, he has to take the "trust" very serious. Other wise the wrong trust makes him fail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Assar, Patrizia, حامدعدالتي

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 9 years, 5 months ago #7808

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you so much Ostad Jalilzadeh! I have never heard anything like this before!You need to be skilled and smart to do it!
Union of Body & Mind. "Body", because a fight like this is a true challenge under the physical point of view, and "Mind" because it is challenging also from a psychological point of view!

With your permission let me say with respect that 35 black sash with this level... I can't even image them all together!!
I think it will take long time before there will be the conditions that allow the creation of a true Red Sash...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mostafa Jalilzadeh
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds